Looking at how to raise money for charity? Look no further! When you raise money for the RNLI, we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Our priorities are the welfare of our volunteers, staff and supporters and maintaining our world-class lifesaving service. Due to COVID-19, we can’t fundraise in the same ways we usually do. But our lifeboats will continue to launch to those in peril at sea, and they need your support more than ever.
Here are some great ways you can continue to support the RNLI from the safety of your own home.
- Virtual quiz night: Bring your friends together in the comfort of their own homes. Simply ask your attendees to donate to a JustGiving page. Click here to download our free resources.
- AmazonSmile: You can support the RNLI by using this link to do your shopping.
- Lifesaving shopping: The RNLI online shop is a great way to support our lifesavers.
We've combined a list of some of our favourite fundraising ideas to help you get started.
- Superhero Day: Celebrate our RNLI heroes by dressing up as a superhero for the day and donating to our lifesaving charity.
- Betty’s 5p Pots: Betty Bayliss, a volunteer fundraiser, came up with the idea of filling small jam jars with 5p coins!
- Dress Down Day: Donate a small sum to come into work wearing your casual clothes. Or dress up and donate a larger sum to come into work wearing you evening dress.
- H2Only: No morning coffee. No after-work beer. Can you do it for 10 days? Or even better, make it a competition with your friends to see who can last the longest. Download our free H2Only resources.
- Art: Auction off your own or a local artist’s works, or hold an exhibition.
- Give it some welly: Wear your favourite wellies to school. Go on a welly walk. Or have a go at Wellympics. There are lots of fun ways you can fundraise for the RNLI with wellies!
- Scavenger hunt: Get your friends together for a scavenger hunt and ask for donations.
- Cake sale: The ever-popular cake sale. You could even get your friends involved and make it a competition!
- Afternoon tea: Get the kettle on and invite your friends to join you for tea and cake – in return for a donation of course.
- Auctions and raffles: Ask friends, family and local businesses to donate goods which you can then auction or raffle.
- Car wash: Wash colleagues’ and friends’ cars for a donation.