News & Events
2020 RNLI Lifeguard recruitment is open!
To view the available Lifeguard jobs in Jersey click here.
- National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ) or equivalent to become an RNLI lifeguard. If you already have a beach lifeguard qualification, it needs to be equivalent to the ILS Beach Lifeguard qualification. Find out if yours is recognised on the ILS website.
- A health assessment (including an eyesight test) to ensure you are physically up to the job. This applies even if you've worked as an RNLI lifeguard before.
- A 400m pool swim in under 7½ minutes, the first 200m of which must be completed in under 3½ minutes.
- A 25m pool swim underwater and a 25m surface swim consecutively in under 50 seconds.
- A 200m beach run in under 40 seconds.
- Availability for the whole season which you are applying for.
It may sound like a big ask, but we’ll be there every step of the way to help you reach these criteria – and become the best lifesaver you can be.