The RNLI is always looking for supporters, wherever they may be. Join the RNLI and you will be helping our volunteers save lives at sea.
There are different levels of membership to suit your requirements and membership entitles you to both the quarterly newletter, Lifeboat, together with a regional publication, Compass, which gives details of lifeboats activity in your area.
For more details, please go to the RNLI website here.
To work or volunteer as a lifeguard for the RNLI you need to
1) hold and maintain a valid surf lifesaving qualification, which are usually obtained via a commercial provider or through a volunteer lifesaving club. You can find out more information about these by visiting the SLSGB or RLSS websites.
2) meet the following RNLI fitness standards:
- 200m pool swim in under 3.5 minutes
- 400m pool swim in under 7.5 minutes
- 25m pool swim underwater and 25m surface swim consecutively in under 50 seconds.
- 200m beach run in under 40 seconds
To find out more, or to apply for a job as an RNLI lifeguard visit www.rnli.org.uk/jobs